Thursday, August 18, 2016

Greenway Art Festival

I'm very excited to be a Vendor at the Greenway Art Festival this year!

I have been enjoying the art of Book Binding, something I learned years ago and put away until "a later date". This is the later date! and I am ready to show off some of my books. I feel like this year has been a time of experiment and practice and this year at the Greenway I have the opportunity to present my craft to the community. Of course the books will be for sale (I 'need' some Book Binding tools). So here is a sampling of what I will have at the Greenway Art Festival:


The above 4 are made with Graphic 45 and Canson papers. The 'aging' is Bronze and Gold ink. The two bigger ones measure 7.25" x 8.5" and the pages are lined (my page design). the smaller ones measure 4.25" x 5.75" (their pages are blank). All have an inside pocket. The larger ones have a string closure.


Here's a fun journal! The pages are post bound so you can add or remove pages. The cover is Graphic 45 paper, the spine is black denim fabric. The pages have been stained and washed so they have an aged appearance. You can use pen, marker and most other sketching/drawing mark makers you want. You could us photo corners and add pictures.


And this little volume of 4. How sweet! The spines and Book case is covered with a wonderful repurposed soft leather! The pages are ivory paper and blank. They are stinking cute at 2.75" x 2.25"

There's more! I hope to see you on the Greenway.



No comments:

Post a Comment