Thursday, July 12, 2012

An 'Ahhhh' Moment After Work

Nice after work to fix a cup of tea and settle in with some needle work.

Hear I am crocheting with a single ply yarn for felting. This will be a bag, the colors are Teal, Turquoise, Plum and Magenta.

Crochet is quick, the repetitive single stitch is a good way for me to unwind my thinking and sort out my thoughts, I find it relaxing; I become aware that my shoulders are tense, so I drop my shoulders, feel the muscles in my neck stretch and relax....drink my tea....all is good.

I like felting projects. The knitted/crocheted item will draw up (shrink) about 1/3 of it's size; meaning that the finished project will be about one third smaller than it was before felting. Also I find that using a needle about 1 or 2 sizes bigger than the recommended size for the yarn gives a nice evenly felted 'fabric'. For instance the yarn I am using calls for a K 6.5mm crochet hook, I am using an L 8mm hook. Knitting recommended needle size is US9, I like to use a US11.

I will show more pictures of my progress over the weekend. I hope you will feel adventurous and try some felting too...if you haven't already!

Meanwhile here are a couple other felted baskets that I made.

Have a Great Weekend. Thanks for stopping by.
Nancy K

No comments:

Post a Comment