Sunday, July 29, 2012

Here is the bag finished, before felting. It measures 21 inches wide and 17.5 inches long. My stitches are a little loose so I am wondering if it will shrink more than 30%.

I've made the straps so that they will connect with two of my buttons. I am wondering how it's going to turn out.

I made note of my stitches and rows in my Idea Journal so that if I am happy with the results the bag can be made again without depending too much on my memory =/

Yay, I am happy with the results. The bag now measures 13.5 inches wide (14 inches would be 1/3 shrinkage) and 11 inches long (high)(11.66 would be 1/3 shrinkage). It has turned into a nice sturdy fabric. Next I am going to shape it a little with my hands and stuff it with a bath towel and let it dry. I can't wait to get the buttons on it.

After it dries I am thinking of taking some roving and needle felting some embellishment to it, what do you think?

It will also be lined, the lining will be fun to shop for ; ) (I love fabric).

 Thanks for reading! Come back again and enjoy the Summer Olympics in London!


No comments:

Post a Comment